HC3’s campaigns within the Healthy Life brand emphasized trust, partnership, and compassion for healthcare workers which in turn has resulted in stronger links between the community and health facility, more compassion for healthcare workers, and a shrinking gap between service providers and the communities they serve.
Author Archive for: Anna Helland | Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, Senior Program Officer
About Anna Helland | Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, Senior Program Officer
Anna Helland is a Senior Program Officer with Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs with thirteen years of experience in social and behavior change communication. Her areas of expertise include community mobilization, radio programming, curriculum design, and materials development. Anna has worked in countries throughout Africa, with a specific focus on health systems strengthening and RMNCH. She has her BA in Anthropology and African Studies from Beloit College and her MPH from Emory University.
Entries by Anna Helland | Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, Senior Program Officer
As soon as I arrived in Monrovia – actually before I even arrived, as I flew in from Brussels on a near empty plane – I was forced to face the emotional effects of the Ebola outbreak, greeted by airport officials wearing gloves and masks, washing my hands in bleach water for the first of […]
A baby’s first day of life should not be dangerous – but it is in countries that lack access to a simple antiseptic. Every year, nearly 3 million babies die within the first month of life, with 1 million of these deaths occurring on the day of birth. Approximately 13% of these deaths are due […]
- Social and behavior change considerations for areas transitioning from high and moderate to low, very low and zero malaria transmissionJanuary 18, 2018 - 10:11 am
- Smart Client and Smart Couple: Digital Health Tools to Empower Women and Couples for Family PlanningOctober 19, 2017 - 4:15 pm
- Celebrating the Seeds of Change in GuatemalaSeptember 26, 2017 - 3:19 pm
- HC3 Nigeria’s Chizoba Onyechi Named as 120 Under 40 Family Planning ChampionSeptember 12, 2017 - 12:54 pm
- HC3 Côte d’Ivoire and Partners Celebrate their SuccessesSeptember 5, 2017 - 12:09 pm