To establish social science interventions as a core strategy in emergencies, the World Health Organization (WHO) and Wellcome Trust co-organized the Global Consultation on Integrating Social Science Interventions in Epidemic, Pandemic and Health Emergency Response, June 8-9, 2017, in London, England.
Author Archive for: Missy Eusebio | Knowledge Management Intern
About Missy Eusebio | Knowledge Management Intern
Missy Eusebio is a master's student at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. She is passionate about using life-saving communication for healthier and more resilient communities.
Entries by Missy Eusebio | Knowledge Management Intern
Researchers concluded communication campaigns can have the additive effect of transforming gender dynamics if they are focused and relevant to audience.
The webinar highlighted the essential relationship health systems and communities must have to prepare for, respond to and recover from an emergency.
The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) has developed a streamlined tool to improve the quality of social and behavior change communication (SBCC) programs: SBCC Check-In. It is designed to be quick, constructive and used consistently throughout an SBCC programming cycle. Each SBCC Check-In only takes about 30 to 60 minutes to complete.
HC3 held the first in a series of “Catalyzing SBCC” events and debuted The Emergency Helix during a discussion on SBCC in Public Health Emergencies. .
Say an emergency were to hit your community at this very moment. Would it be ready?
At about this time two years ago, countries in West Africa were enduring the peak of an unprecedented Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak. Among those called to join the emergency response was the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3).
Gender equity was adopted as a in 2000 and as a in 2015. It is recognized as an important determinant of health as well as a critical goal for global development. Gender equity also plays a role in the success of social and behavior change communication (SBCC) programs. Whether promoting HIV treatment, family planning methods, […]
- Social and behavior change considerations for areas transitioning from high and moderate to low, very low and zero malaria transmissionJanuary 18, 2018 - 10:11 am
- Smart Client and Smart Couple: Digital Health Tools to Empower Women and Couples for Family PlanningOctober 19, 2017 - 4:15 pm
- Celebrating the Seeds of Change in GuatemalaSeptember 26, 2017 - 3:19 pm
- HC3 Nigeria’s Chizoba Onyechi Named as 120 Under 40 Family Planning ChampionSeptember 12, 2017 - 12:54 pm
- HC3 Côte d’Ivoire and Partners Celebrate their SuccessesSeptember 5, 2017 - 12:09 pm
There are no upcoming events at this time.