The 11th International AIDS Impact Conference – held in Barcelona, Spain, in early October in partnership with SEISIDA (Sociedad Española Interdiscipliaria del SIDA) – brought together professionals and NGO representatives from different areas and disciplines related to HIV infection. What is particularly nice about this conference is that there is a large focus on HIV prevention, […]
Author Archive for: Michelle Kaufman, PhD | HC3 Research and Evaluation Office
About Michelle Kaufman, PhD | HC3 Research and Evaluation Officer
Michelle Kaufman, PhD, is an applied social and health psychologist by training. She completed her doctoral degree in social psychology at the University of Connecticut with a specialization in gender and sexual risk behavior. In her 10 years of international research and evaluation experience she has worked in the US, Nepal, South Africa, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Indonesia on topics including HIV prevention, family planning, malaria treatment and prevention, tobacco control, and child survival.
She has presented her work at several international research conferences and has published widely in international peer-reviewed journals focused on gender, psychology, and health behavior. She also teaches courses on health communication programs, the psychology of gender, global gender issues, and sex trafficking of girls and women. She now serves as a Research and Evaluation Officer at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs.
Entries by Michelle Kaufman, PhD | HC3 Research and Evaluation Officer
In January 2013, 27 experts and practitioners in social and behavioral change communication (SBCC) met in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, for the Population-Level Social and Behavior Change Evidence Review for Child Survival in Africa. The technical objective for this meeting hosted by UNICEF and USAID was to collect specific evidence-based impacts of health and social behavior change interventions […]
- Social and behavior change considerations for areas transitioning from high and moderate to low, very low and zero malaria transmissionJanuary 18, 2018 - 10:11 am
- Smart Client and Smart Couple: Digital Health Tools to Empower Women and Couples for Family PlanningOctober 19, 2017 - 4:15 pm
- Celebrating the Seeds of Change in GuatemalaSeptember 26, 2017 - 3:19 pm
- HC3 Nigeria’s Chizoba Onyechi Named as 120 Under 40 Family Planning ChampionSeptember 12, 2017 - 12:54 pm
- HC3 Côte d’Ivoire and Partners Celebrate their SuccessesSeptember 5, 2017 - 12:09 pm
There are no upcoming events at this time.