This webinar, presented on January 15, 2015, provided insight into how to incorporate faith leaders, religious texts and other faith-based activities into social and behavior change communication (SBCC) programming to encourage healthier behaviors and systemic changes that lead to improved child survival outcomes.
A new Social and Behavior Communication Change (SBCC) Implementation Kit (I-Kit) to Support Faith-Based Organization Breastfeeding Interventions was noted. Speakers provided theoretical as well as practical advice on implementing faith-based initiatives, while showcasing best practices and lessons learned.
- Kathryn Bertram, Program Officer II, Health Communication Capacity Collaborative/ Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
- Pamela Wyville-Staples, Senior Advisor, Center for Faith Based and Community Initiatives, USAID
- Deepika Singh, Director of Programs, Religions for Peace International
- Nanle Peter Walman, Director of Programs, Christian Health Association of Nigeria (CHAN)
- Amrita Gill-Bailey, Senior Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Advisor, Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
A recording of the webinar can be found here.