On May 11, HC3 hosted a University Initiative webinar/roundtable discussion among editors of communication journals.
During a university needs assessment in 2013, HC3 identified some of the greatest challenges universities in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia face, including limited access to current literature and limited opportunities for scholarly publication. The webinar provided advice on how to improve the ability of faculty and students in Africa and Asia to generate publishable research manuscripts.
Doug Storey, PhD, director for Communication Science and Research at the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs, moderated. Here is his presentation.
- Scott Ratzan, MD, editor-in-chief, Journal of Health Communication: International Perspectives [Presentation Download]
- Natalie Culbertson, managing editor, Global Health: Science and Practice (GHSP) Journal [Presentation Download]
- S. Shyam Sundar, PhD, editor-in-chief, Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication
- Winston Mano, PhD, principal editor, Journal of African Media Studies [Presentation Download]
- Silvio Waisbord, PhD, editor-in-chief, Journal of Communication [Presentation Download]