On August 23, 2017, the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative held a webinar titled, Improving Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health through Digital Storytelling. Participants heard about the experiences of young sexual and reproductive health champions who have used storytelling to mobilize others around the topic. Speakers gave tips for making quality and engaging videos and positively interacting with viewers.
HC3 presented on the FP INFOcus Guide, which provides step-by-step guidance for producing and promoting mobile phone videos that give young people the information they need to make informed contraceptive choices. Representatives from HACEY Health Initiative, a Nigerian non-profit organization, shared their experiences working with HC3 to pilot the FP INFOcus Guide and approach.
Listen to a recording of the webinar.
Participate in the Springboard discussion post-webinar in the forum, Improving Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health Through Digital Storytelling.
- Daysha Veronica Edewi – Creating Buzz-Worthy Videos [PDF]
- Muluba Habanyama – Fighting Shame with the Power of Digital Storytelling [PDF]
- Cori Fordham – FP INFOcus Guide, A “For Youth, By Youth” Approach to Sharing FP Information via Digital Storytelling [PDF]
- Winifred Imoyera and David Adewoye – Our FP INFOcus Experience [PDF]
- Men Take “Birth Control” Pills For A Month
- Feel No Shame | Muluba Habanyama
- My Implant, My Experience
FP INFOcus Guide [Direct Link to PDF]
More information on the FP INFOcus Guide can be found here.