A new Global Health eLearning course, Online Communities of Practice (CoPs) for Global Health has been released to help community managers in their work.
Communities of practice are important for many reasons: they offer flexibility and convenience and provide an atmosphere of mentorship, a space for innovation and a reduced sense of isolation.
This course helps answer five essential questions about CoPs for global health:
- What are online CoPs, and how are they different from face-to-face CoPs?
- How can online CoPs help my team and me improve global health?
- How do I start an online CoP, who should I work with, and what functionality do we need?
- What challenges do online CoPs commonly experience, and how can I overcome them?
- Why should I monitor my online CoP?
The course offers a discussion thread in GHeL’s Community space to hear from users about what makes online CoPs successful.
Are you a manager of a CoP? Share the strategies you use to nurture the community you help lead.
Are you a member of a CoP? Describe the practices you would you like to see employed in the communities you belong to.
Post your comments and questions to the GHeL Cross-Cutting Program Group—or create a Top Five list of your own (for example, 5 Ideas I Like, 5 Principles I Support, 5 Reasons you should Read this Course) so that others can comment.